barbaradowneyhightower

Babs Book Bistro

Reviews books, post recipes and tips.

The Cowboy Wins a Bride (The Cowboys of Chance Creek #2) - Cora Seton Cora Seton is one of my favorite western romance writer. This is book 2 in The Cowboys of Chance Creek series. Book one, The Cowboy's E-Mail order Bride is was great, but this one is better and draws you on just as easy. We learn about more about Ethan's sister Claire.

Rob is at it again, just like with Ethan he plans a bet with Jamie once he learns Jamie wants to propose to Claire after all these years of admiring her. Jamie is now part owner of Cruz Ranch and has something he can offer Claire he couldn't before, a living and home. He makes the mistake of blurting out to Claire he wants to marry her and starts a bet that he doesn't know if he can win or not.

Can Jamie keep his end of the bargain and if so will Claire really marry him and for the right reasons?

Cora does a great job with this second book. The setting does not change or waiver from the first book. You can picture yourself right along with the characters. You get to see more of the characters from the first book and learn about new ones. She knows how to keep the reader turning the pages and wanting to know more. The characters are easy to like and enjoy.

Thank you to NetGalley for allowing me to review this title for my honest opinion.