barbaradowneyhightower

Babs Book Bistro

Reviews books, post recipes and tips.

Emmy takes a long needed vacation.  When Emmy and her driver arrive at Duart Castle, Emmy talks about how simple the life was back then and how she would love it and more.  The driver ask if she really thinks that and the next thing she knows she is back in time in the wrong place at the right time.  The Laird, Connor MacLean see Emmy at the gates and think she is his long lost wife Heather coming back to him.  As things heat up and anger starts to take place wild things start to happen for the two.  Will Emmy want to go back to her future life or stay with Connor in the past?

A lovely read I did not want to see come to an end. I enjoyed seeing both characters try and find a way to work this situation out. It took Connor a while to see that Emmy was not Heather as much as they were a like. The support characters were well defined as well and brought some humor to the storyline.

The book is a page turner for any reader as you do not want the story to end. The author does a great job with the characters and the descriptions. There were some issues with needing more proofreading but not as bad as I have seen and certainly not bad enough to take away from the story.

A cute read.