barbaradowneyhightower

Babs Book Bistro

Reviews books, post recipes and tips.

Trouble in Texas (Deep in the Heart of Texas)

Trouble in Texas - Katie Lane My thoughts:

Brant shows up at the old Mrs Hattie's hen house to find out who murdered his grandfather. He had no intention of being held there for a night of falling for Elizabeth the new owner. Elizabeth has had a time with the old hens that are living at Mrs Hattie's she shows up to talk with them no expecting to find a man held captive, handcuffed to a bed and naked. She also had no idea the man was THE main who wanted to shut down the oil company in her small town. No one would like to find out he was in town. What will the hens do to the man let alone the people of the town.

A great murder mystery story with a hint of romance. The author does a wonderful job keeping the reader drawn into the book. You want to know who killed Brant Cates grandfather and how Mrs Hatties has stayed around for so long. You want to know if Brant and Elizabeth and can make a go of a relationship.

The detailed descriptions have the reader believing they are right there along with the characters. I will want to read another book by this author. The Deep in the Heart of Texas series is turning out to be really good. Trouble in Texas is the 2nd book in the series. I have not read the first one as of yet.

I received this book to review from Netgalley.