barbaradowneyhightower

Babs Book Bistro

Reviews books, post recipes and tips.

Piper's Fury (Passion of the Soul, #1)

Piper's Fury (Passion of the Soul, #1) - Rachel Firasek
What do I think about this book, good question? From the moment I turned on my ipad and started reading, I was taken in from the first paragraph. Piper is a go getter. She doesn't let anything stand in her way even a good looking man as Bennett Slade. In fact, he comes to see her with her cousin Gage, one night. Mable was so happy to see her nephew and new wife, but Piper was not. While growing up Gage would pester her and wanted her to love him back. Needless to say, Piper was disgusted by him. Slade found out Piper helps the local police department find missing people and or killers. He asks her to help her find his missing daughter who he has not seen since she was 1 year old. At first, she tells him no as it has been 5 years and that is too long for her to sense anything. He doesn't let up and Piper is not sure she wants him to. She keeps stalling until one night she has a dream or so she thought at first. Slade's daughter ask her for help and Piper can't turn her down. What she has to encounter to help his daughter and herself is crazy, but you want to find out what is going on. You will be very surprised.

I loved this book. Rachel is a suburb writer. She knows how to grab your attention and run with it. I did not want to put the book down. It was fast paced, thrilling and mysterious read. The characters are all charismatic even the villains. I would have to say Slade is my favorite character along with Piper as a close second. Blade is mysterious at first and you want to learn more about him. I like the way his character thinks and the relationship with Piper and her family. I liked Piper because of her stubbornness and the fact she is a bit mysterious as well.

I highly recommend this book rather you like paranormal, mysteries, thrillers or suspense this book is for you. I will be watching for book 2. I would love to see what happens with Piper and Slade.