barbaradowneyhightower

Babs Book Bistro

Reviews books, post recipes and tips.

Destiny's Mountain

Destiny's Mountain - Nancy Lee Badger In a quirky college town surrounded by the mountains of New Hampshire, new art history professor Jacob Oliver hikes a trail on a crisp September morning. He contemplates his life. Divorced, and forced out of his job with the Boston Police due to a horrific accident, he spots a naked woman beneath a majestic waterfall. Escaping, he falls and re-injures his knee. Destiny Blake heard a noise. Someone is on her mountain. She finds a handsome man sitting in the mud. Love blooms and lust consumes them after she helps him to the safety of her cabin. Soon assumptions tear them apart, leaving her vulnerable to the unwanted attentions of other men. When Jacob decides he cannot live without her, he must save her from a madman who chases her up her mountain through the cold, snowy darkness of a November night. Ghostly voices push Jacob onward, while another spirit’s voice urges Destiny to fight back. Pain, hypothermia, and death threaten as the sun rises. Can Destiny and Jacob make it off Destiny’s Mountain…alive?

My 2 Cents:

I have read other works by Nancy Lennea. It is hard to pick a favorite, but this one by far is. I love how she has Romance and suspense through out the entire book. I did not want to put this book down. I was intrigued from the first page. Destiny is a unique character who makes you feel youthful and alive. You want to feel for Jacob from the very first page. You start to want these two to come together to see what happens. When they do, total bliss until misunderstandings happen that tear them apart. When Jacob finally comes to his senses, he goes to Destiny to explain how he feels. It might be too late, when he gets there she is gone, but something has happened can he save Destiny before someone gets her? Let's hope the voices guide them both to safety.