barbaradowneyhightower

Babs Book Bistro

Reviews books, post recipes and tips.

Deadly Pleasures

Deadly Pleasures - Mary Firmin Four couples and a divorcee are all members of a yacht club. Everyone has a yacht but Megan who is the divorcee. The 4 women know their husbands have been unfaithful and decide to get a young toyboy and have him tag along with them. Megan is not keen on the idea but goes along. Things start taking a turn when some prostitutes are found dead. A while back the same type of thing has happend and they think it is the same person. In walks widower and handsome Matt Donovan. There is an instant chemistry between him and Megan. Just when you think things are going ok and now more twits the author throws more in.

I enjoyed reading this book. It has romance, mystery and murder. The book kept me interested from start to finish. The characters are well-developed and I like the humor with the 4 wives and toyboy. I did figure out who was the murderer early on, but that did not take away from the story. I wanted to see how things were played out.

The next book in the series Deadly Secrets will be another great book. The author has her writing style down to perfect and knows how to draw the reader in.