barbaradowneyhightower

Babs Book Bistro

Reviews books, post recipes and tips.

Dutch Me Deadly (A Passport to Peril Mystery)

Dutch Me Deadly - Maddy Hunter The above blurb says it all. If I say too much more it might give the story away. I love the series and was sad when the books stopped. When I talked to Maddy, as I am sure most of us emailed her wanting to find out information, she told me the series might be picked up again from another publisher. I am glad it did. Someone finally notices the series is worth while read. Before, it was not getting the close attention and dedication it deserved and now it is.

I have read all the books in the series and the characters, Emily and Nana just keep getting better with age. They can get themselves into some fascinating situations and murder seems to follow Emily around no matter what country they go visit.

Maddy did a sensational job with Dutch Me Deadly. I was calculating who did what up until the end. I was wrong on two accounts. There will be some characters you love and some you just want to slap.

The setting in Holland was surprising. The descriptions make you feel you are on the tour with the Iowa gang. After reading the book it makes me want to go over and check some of the sites out myself. You can tell the author did a lot of research.