barbaradowneyhightower

Babs Book Bistro

Reviews books, post recipes and tips.

Motherhood is Murder (A Maternal Instincts Mystery)

Motherhood is Murder - Diana Orgain Nights out are hard to come by for new mommy Kate Connelly. So when Kate and her husband are invited to a dinner cruise hosted by her new mommy club, Roo & You, they jump at it. But when the president of the club takes a deadly spill, everyone becomes suspect-and Kate's on deck to solve the mystery.

My 2 cents:

Right from the beginning we have action going. I loved seeing Kate jump in subtly and get things going when at times she didn't know what she had. Jim is funny the way he takes care of Laurie, but also supportive. Kate's friend Paula is a hoot. Kate is so much by the book so to speak and a little naive which makes her a great character. Paula is totally the opposite, does what she has to do if that means keeping things to herself or stretching a story a bit to make it work. There is a lot of humor that makes this mystery worth while. I have not read the first book, but that did not matter. You can keep up with what is going on. This was a fun read of me and glad I won this book. I look forward to more book by Diana.