barbaradowneyhightower

Babs Book Bistro

Reviews books, post recipes and tips.

Fighting the Devil: A True Story of Consuming Passion, Deadly Poison, and Murder - Jeannie Walker I did not know about this book at all until Jeannie contacted me. I have to say I am glad she did. I wasn’t sure how I was going to react to the book. It is an eye opener how things work. Jeannie’s memories were outstanding. There is so much information you just dive in and start working things out in your head as you are reading. Jeannie steps in to figure out who poisoned her ex millionaire husband Jerry Sternadel. He was poisoned with arsenic. While Jerry was in the hospital he tried to tell everyone his wife and bookkeeper were the ones trying to kill him. Of course the wife was going to say anything she could to get the suspicion off of her.
Jeannie is a great writer and this book sets itself apart from other true crime reads in my opinion. I could not believe how the justice system really worked in this case and without spoiling the book, the things that happen just make you step back and wonder what on earth were some people thinking.
The book is about forgiveness, inspirational, heroism, and courage. If you want a spellbinding, chilling real this is the book you must read.